Since 2015 most Bay Area public fleets and municipalities have converted to renewable diesel and have seen the superior benefits this extremely clean product means for their fleet. Green Car Congress passed a bill which is effective January 1, 2020. Large transit agencies will be required to use renewable fuels for diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) buses when fuel contracts are renewed to support existing renewable fuel policies. As knowledge among maintenance, sustainability, and procurement professionals expands, renewable diesel is in high demand for fleets as a whole.
ULTRA PURE, LESS POLLUTING, ASTM D975 RENEWABLE DIESEL
Since 2015 most Bay Area public fleets and municipalities have converted to renewable diesel and have seen the superior benefits this extremely clean product means for their fleet. Among the benefits are:
- Renewable Diesel (RD) is a pure hydrocarbon Motor Fuel Certified ULSD (Carb) Diesel Fuel #2, meeting ASTM D975 specification.
- With a Cetane Number of between 75-85 compared to conventional diesel at 45, RD ensures a cleaner, more efficient and complete combustion.
- With a CI (Carbon Intensity) of 34 RD reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions up to 80%, in addition to substantial reductions is tailpipe in NOx and tailpipe emissions.
- Lower Maintenance of DPF Filters producing less particulate matter. RD reduces regen time, downtime and operating costs.
- RD is Odorless, Colorless and Sulpher free. It is clear like water.
- RD is also oxygen free and aromatic free so it will not create algae or “gunk” up your tank like unstable Bio fuel.
- Superior Cold Weather Performance; suitable for very cold weather conditions with no need for additives.
- Converting to NesteMy Renewable Diesel is an easy switch requiring no additional investments and is fully compatible with conventional diesel. Fleets can switch to RD at any time.
- RD is endorsed and approved by all major OEM’s (Caterpillar, Cummins, Mack).
Neste My Renewable Diesel™
high-performing low-carbon biofuel
to help your business succeed even more!